Sunday, February 27, 2011

JUNKIN' FEVER


I have had junkin' fever recently (well admittedly, all the time). This beautiful weather we have been experiencing is wonderful!  Last weekend I met Lacy in Comanche and we did some serious business!  We hit a huge sale of an old building being cleaned out.  This building was going to be torn down and everything had to go.  She found a roll of white picket fence, a large tub filled with clay pots and much more.  Later she spied some concrete pieces around back.  Us junkers know how to snoop it all out.  Here are a few photos of the items I found. 
A handy wheel barrel. 

 Some concrete planters
 Bird bath
 Bird houses for my nature table.
 Set of silver ware, frame and cute decorated hanger
 Great sign
 Wonderful large wash basin, some beaded purses, roll of string, ironstone platter, lace and doillies.
 Here's a close up of the basin.  Perfectly crazed, cracked and stained.
 Couldn't help but take a few photos of this rusty old dodge pickup.
A bird print for the nature table also.  
We had the best time and I hope we can do it again soon.
All of this is coming to Warrenton.  Countdown has started.  We plan to arrive on March 16.  Stay tuned for some more sneak peaks.
Soon.....Susan

3 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Susan, thanks for telling me about your sale. I'll help you the word out and do a post if you'd like, just remind me. How much is basin, it's really cool? See you no the 16th, hopefully.

trash talk said...

Law...you found some great stuff. Those planters are just tutu cute.
I would kill for that old pickup!
See you soon.
Debbie

time worn interiors said...

Looks like you been finding some great stuff for the show! Not long now! See you soon!
theresa
aka:tot