Thursday, January 20, 2011

NEW JEWELRY

 I decided I wanted to make some junk jewelry necklaces for a few Christmas gifts.  This first one I made for my friend and boss.  I love the colors in this and how it turned out.

 Lacy was the lucky recipient of my second piece.  She was gifted a serape dress from the King Ranch catalog so I wanted to add something a little special.
 It is a western/indian design.  Looks great on her!  Of course, what wouldn't.  Hate to brag, but she is just amazingly beautiful.
 So .... When I opened my gift from Andy I received these three wonderful books on creating jewelry.
 These people are amazingly talented.  I have just thumbed through the pages over and over again.
 So....Next I'm going to make me a long list of the materials I need and go do some serious metal shopping.  Hopefully I can make the time to create some fun things for Warrenton.  If not, maybe my Etsy store.  Stay tuned......Susan

2 comments:

time worn interiors said...

Looking good! Can't wait to see you guys! I can't believe it's just 8 weeks away!
Theresa
aka:tot

The Primitique said...

This is going to be fun! I can't wait to see all of your creations. Is that your girl child? You are right. Beautiful. ~Mindy