Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fred's (Andy) accident

Hello everyone,  i just found a computer at the place I'm staying for a few nights.  Andy was involved in a head on traffic accident on Monday afternoon.  He was air lifted to Brackenridge Hospital in Austin.  We have been here now for almost a week.  He has a broken back, right shoulder, left ankle and ribs.  His back injury was severe, no paralysis thank the Lord.  He had surgery Wednesday and they did a fusion at L1.  His back pain is much better but his stomach is still not working properly.  They drained fluid off his lungs yesterday and today he is feeling much better.  He still has the drain tube in his nose and many more tubes and wires.  He did get up today and walk.  He has a custom made brace that looks like a turtle shell.  He can not get out of bed without it.  He will have a lengthy recovery, but he will get there.  For those of you that are wondering about Warrenton, we have this wonderful team of family and friends that are going to help us get loaded up and delivered.  Not saying we will be there the whole time, but all that good junk will be there.  We have been overwhelmed with the acts of love that have come our way.  All your calls, cards, texts, emails, gifts will not ever be forgotten.  We send much love to Marcella and her family for their loss and hope to see them soon.  Thank you all again for your concerns.  With love,   Susan & Andy

9 comments:

lulu redstar said...

Oh, Susan I am so happy to hear that Andy WILL be ok! It literally is a miracle he is still with us. Please know I've kept you in my heart and thoughts nonstop!
all my love to you both! xo lulu

Patti said...

Thank God he is alive!
Prayers to you and yours.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I've been waiting for a report. Thank God he is okay and sorry about the other family for their loss. Susan, if y'all need anything, really, please let me know. I'm so thankful he's ok! Please tell him hello and I will miss seeing y'all at the party but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

trash talk said...

Susan, I just wanted to say that y'all are in my thoughts and prayers and have been since the accident.
Debbie

time-worn interiors said...

Thank you so much for posting! Theresa Cano sent me an e-mail telling us about Andy but it didn't have much detail! I am so happy he is doing better! All our prayers are with you guys! Hope all goes well in the coming weeks! We look forward to seeing you guys in Texas!

Theresa

Texas Junque Slinger said...

Oh my goodness.... didn't know this had happened.... My thoughts and prayers will certainly be with him.... You take care of yourself and please let me know if I can help in any way.....

Again so sorry for this, it makes me realize how much I take for granted.....

Effie

craftymarta said...

Susan, I'm so sorry but glad that his life was spare. I will pray for a speedy recovery for Fred and that God will grant you both everything necessary during this trying time. Thank God for good friends and family, you are both indeed blessed. Take care and keep us posted. Marta.

The Primitique said...

Thanks for the update. Love, hugs and prayers continue! ~Mindy

Scrappy Doo said...

I am sorry to read this. May the Lord continue towatch over yall