Tuesday, June 15, 2010

LOVING THIS LAVENDER




I recently made a visit to a local winery, Alamosa Wine Cellars.  They have several bushes of lavender and advertized "cut yourself".  I'm not very familiar with it and was curious.  I made a quick dash on Saturday afternoon and learned a lot.  Brittany helped me and she was wonderful!  She taught me how to make lavender wands.  So pretty and they smell sooooo goooood!!
Here are a few pictures of the plants, even some pretty grape clusters.  Be sure and check out their winery if you are in the hill country.  It is a really fun place to visit and they are very friendly.

I will have the lavender for sale this weekend in my booth at the Fredericksburg Trade Days.  I'm in Barn 4 space #20.  Come out to see me and smell this wonderful scent.   Soon....Susan


2 comments:

Texas Junque Slinger said...

Love all the cool stuff.... so wanted to go to Fred.... but other obligations are keeping me away....

Hope you have a great weekend and sell loads....

Love all the cool finds the 2 of you have come across...

Take care
Effie

lulu redstar said...

Looks just like California wine country! Isn't it just THE BEST?
oxox