Thursday, April 22, 2010

My name is Susan.....


And I'm a junkaholic.....!!!!!??????? This is my final purchase at the estate sale on Saturday. The cashier let me know that all the barrels that they had used to make tables were full of things. " What" I asked, quilts, linens, clothing, papers, photos, etc. Many of these barrels had been dumped in the garage to be sorted. When they ran out of time before the sale, they just shut the door. I asked to see and quickly called Andy. He told me that he wasn't there and couldn't see it all and I would have to make the decision on my own. Well, I went with my gut feeling and told them I would purchase the contents of the building for a minimal fee. Locked the door and left. Below are a few shots I took before I left.


Box of Sweet Heart soaps

Old suitecase - is it full? or empty?

Barrel filled with clothing. Anxious to see what all I ended up with, we headed back over there Tuesday afternoon and started pilfering. Wow!!!! Tons of stuff, galore - and yes, well worth my offer. Lots of dirty work - but someone's got to do it! I will take photos as we come along. There's just way too much to go through.

9 comments:

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

What I wouldn't give to just hang out and help you rummage through all that wonderful junk!

Have fun!

Anne

Found Around said...

Well just come on down to Cherokee! There is plenty to go through. I have found great clothing, ladies bras, garter belt, undies (plain but cute), tons of misc. Some great lace curtain panels with wonderful age spots. I will use those for display tables. There's so much I'm itching to get through it all! Soon....Susan

craftymarta said...

Susan, that is a mount full of junk. You are not alone, girl. I love to dig and come out with whatever I find that I like as the trophy. Only God and you know what you might find, junkers heaven. I tell you where I draw the line though, rats nests and roaches. Once I find those the search is over for me. So, happy digging, have fun!. As I write I'm thinking about the people that probably see your pile of treasures and don't get it. Only a true Junker! Blessings, Marta.

Texas Junque Slinger said...

I would love to be w/you sorting through all the treasures.... just get your heart a pumping and the anticipation is good for the soul....

Can't wait to hear of all the treasures that you found!!!

Effie

nichole said...

WOW. WOW. WOW. I would love to go through all of that!!!!! That's amazing. DO you do this often?

Found Around said...

Hi Nicole! Thanks for viewing our blog. Andy and I love to find treasures all the time. Just not to this extend most of the time. We enjoy auctions, scouting around the back roads. Like the American Pickers I would say. Enjoy, Susan

lulu redstar said...

HOLY COW!!!!

BTW...you won the contest...the component is a PIPE CLEANER! yay!
congrats. I'll be sending something your way! xoxo
lulu

suzeeez said...

Wow you are going to have sooooo much fun picking through all that stuff! Hope you find some treasures.
:o) Sue

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

wow! been there done that! I didn't pay for it though... my friend and I sometimes clean out rental properties, and we get to keep whatever we want. :)
I hope you found tons!

gail