Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A FEW NEW FINDS



Here are a few shots of some new smalls I found. A great mountain scene (I love the colors for fall), a knitting basket, ironstone platter, John and Robert Kennedy print, a paint by number Lords Supper framed, a cute wire basket and 2 California winemakers recipe books.

This adorable mink jacket.

Really cute vintage pant suit.

4 decks of playing cards

A stack of 1987 Country Living magazines. I'm curious to see what the styles were back then.

I have to tell you a junkin' story about an auction. Our neighbor Tammy and I went to scope out an upcoming auction. As we all do, we picked out our boxes, covered up all the good stuff, and stuck them back in the corner. Since I wasn't able to be there I put my initials on 3 boxes so she would know which ones were mine. The next day she called and mentioned that some of our boxes had been moved around and that someone elses initials were on one of my boxes. I told her not to worry about it. If I didn't get the box it just wasn't meant to be. Now, since I'm the best customer of our local thift store, when there is something vintage they know I will like, they give me a call to come look. I found this really great ironstone platter still in the box. I grabbed it up (amoung other items) and headed home. Once home, I grabbed the platter to check it out really good and then I looked down at the box. There were my initials on the box along with JR initials also. Today at work, my friend Julie Robertson stopped in and told me about the box she had bought with platters in it. AAHH!! Those were her intials on my box!! She had only wanted the pink platter and donated the remaining items to the thrift store. Can you believe how things come back around to you. That's a God thing if you ask me. It was meant to be. Sorry this is so long but thought you might enjoy the situation. Soon....Susan

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Susan,
Great finds and great story. Sorry I am so long in getting around to visiting,