Wednesday, September 2, 2009

THE BOOT EQUIPMENT IS HERE!

Saturday morning, waaaayy tooo early, he headed out for St. Jo, Texas. Andy and Colt had previously attended the C.T. (Carl) Chappell Boot School.


They loaded lots of BIG & HEAVY equipment.

This was a pair of vintage boots on the shelf at the school. I love the stitching on these.


Front entrance to the school building.

Enjoy all these boots made by Carl Chappell. They were all displayed in his shop. He has won several awards for his craftsmanship. I hope my guys get this good some day. I'm confident they will.

These boots were made by a woman student. (Not finished yet) Beautiful!

Carl offers a class on making mules.

These were definitely my favorites. I love the lime green - one of my favorite colors. These won an award. They are made from African Bullfrog!!

So now the equipment has landed into the building across the street from the saddle shop. It was all too big and too heavy for the floors in the shop. So....out with all our junk storage and into the trailersssss for a really big, whopping, cheap sale at Warrenton. Stay tuned for what we do with it after the Warrenton show. You better make the show to get some of these great bargains. Besides that, you will have a wonderful time. I promise. Soon...Susan

2 comments:

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Did you say "a really big, whopping, cheap sale at Warrenton"? he he he I am liking the sound of that! Love all those boots! Can't wait to see what Andy makes. ~Mindy

trash talk said...

Yay! I know y'all have been just itching to get at some real Texas art making (that is what boots are, you know!). Can't wait to see what the guys come up with.
Debbie