Monday, July 27, 2009

STRING COLLECTION


I'm still working on re-arranging my house.
Here's a partial shot of my primitive dining room collection

Andy sent me this old farrier's box to put my string collection in.
Along with that he added some of the thread spools
from a saddle and boot shop he bought out years ago

See the big round ball. That came from my grandfather's garage.
Isn't it cool! He had quite a collection of string himself.
He was an avid fisherman and there was plenty of fun things in his special place.
I miss him, especially his wonderful whistling. He could yodel too.
I'm still working on the house and I promise I will send more shots
after I get all the pictures on the walls.

5 comments:

The Green Pea said...

How sweet you miss your Grandfather, he must have been wonderful...I am enjoying your blog. Blessings, Sandi

trash talk said...

Did you get to learn how to yodel? I always wanted to learn and sound just like Brenda Lee! I love string too and your grandfather's is a doozie!
Debbie

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

The farrier box is great for your collection of string. Can't wait to see your home. And grandpa's rock! ~Mindy

curiousgoods said...

Love the post. Love the string. I am very low on my string collections at the shop. Makes me year for more. How crazy is that?!?

Miss Yall
Donna

Barbara said...

Susan, The string collection looks very interesting and I know you treasure the string from your Grandfather, what a great thing to have....something that was importtant to him.

Barbara