Friday, June 12, 2009

MISSION SAN SABA

This week I have volunteered my time and "abilities" to our good friends Donna and Jack Blossman and their church on a mission project. Each year they choose a needy family in our local area and completely redo their homes. Wow! You can't believe what can get done in one week. And Wow! You can't believe how rewarding it is to be a part of it all. Everyone just comes when they have the time, after work, all day, all night - just whenever. Gracious people offered to cook 3 meals a day so they can be renourished and get back to it again. They have fund raisers and donations from locals to make it all work. So... my challenge to you...volunteer..... somewhere.....sometime....anyway....someone always needs help and it feels so good to give of yourself! No excuses either, I worked full time all week! I sure am getting tired though.

I can't wait for Andy and Colt to return home from boot making school. They have one more week to go. What a new endeavor in all of our lives. We are all excited and Andy promised to take photos of their experience. Stay tuned for more ...... Susan

2 comments:

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Good for you, Susan! Being a part of something so freely given is a wonderful experience.

Now, boots? I cannot wait to see this process. Suweet!

~Mindy

Barbara said...

Hello Susan, What a wonderful thing you are doing. I just found your blog and I live in Texas also.

Please come and visit me.