Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I FOUND THEM !!!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I finally found the photos I had ordered from the photographer after our daughter's wedding reception from almost two years ago. I had just decided I had thrown them away in amongst the Christmas wrapping last (07) Christmas. But... I did find them this Christmas put away neatly with my Christmas cards. Don't know how they ended up there, but you know how wild it gets around this time of year. So, here are a few photos I thought you might enjoy.

Brides table: Hanging on the fence panels is Lacy's Halloween Costume (a bride of course) from years earlier. Nana B. made it for her out of vintage curtain panels. On the right side is the wedding veil I wrote about earlier that was in my Mamaw's house. The tablecloth was crocheted by my Mamaw also. Lacy favorite cake is cheese cake. Jaec's stepmother, Teresa made these and they were to die for. We set them up on tiers. The mint and nut dishes were Andy's grandmothers, Nannie. My Kansas Grandma sent her hankie and a few pieces of jewelry. Lacy wore my Mom's pearl necklace on her wrist. We topped it all off with fresh squeezed lemonade and fresh roses that my sister helped with. Thank you Sis if I forgot to tell you! I was such a sentimental treat! I just love looking at it.
Grooms table: We wrapped the table with hunting net. I used an old minnow bucket and decorated with flowers. Jaec is an avid hunter so anything goes here. We had a stuffed quail, fishing lures, an old cap. His sentimental additions were his first bb gun, the shredded U.S. flag that hung at his grandfathers home for years, a lantern and more. His mother, Melissa, had the cake made right along with the antlers. I thought they both turned our really great!
The food tables: We used 2 old pine table and used blue enamel serving pieces. Decorated with red bandanas throughout. I took old metal tubs and lined with bandana fabric and placed the Mason jars in them for tea. We placed wagon wheels and hay around, along with strings of lights and tiki lamps. Andy and I really had a great time decorating. Did I fail to mention what a fantastic yard Andy's parents have? Robert and Sue had 2 weddings that year and worked everyday getting everything ready. If you ever come through Cherokee you can't miss their home. It's the big white house downtown with the amazing yard. I can't leave without bragging on Colt and all the kin for cooking the wild hog, brisket, sausage, etc. He should go in the catering business. It was fantastic!
Oh, I almost forgot the bride & groom!!
Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

trash talk said...

I'm so glad you found your photos. Santa must have put them in there for a Christmas present for you this year. The shots are wonderful-love how you used memory pieces in the decor especially the "bride" dress & tattered flag. Your kids are beautiful. Debbie

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

what a lovely time you must have had. Your daughter is beautiful and the groom isn't too shabby (!)
miss you and Cowboy Andy. Tell him I am working on that fishing line belt...
ox lulu

ajunkqueen said...

So glad you found, your pictures, I had seen them before but enjoyed them more since I had been where the wedding was, it is such a pretty yard. I just washed my cell phone for 16 minutes, and the reason I had not seen your post before, I had done something to this computer. Technology has completely passed me by. Have been working on stuff fast and furious, that time will be here soon.
Renee