Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fast Christmas!

Being as I was away with the new baby and came home a little under the weather, I didn't have much time to go all out. I have been saving some vintage items and thought this would be a great year to break them in. I have always decorated western/rustic. This is the best shot I could get of the tree. Maybe someday I can get a better camera to take close up shots. Last year I bought a ziploc bag of 5 glass light bulbs. 3 Santas, 1 star and the cow that jumped over the moon. This bag was $1 !! It's one of those deals where you grab it and run!

I filled this silver tray with glass balls.

My little hutch is decorated with chocolate molds and mugs, etc.

This silver service was my grandmother's. It was in a fire and just absolutely will not polish. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. So with all of it's "charm" I just put it out anyway!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Santa brought you everything you wanted. Even a "hangdown" if you wished! Happy New Year to everyone.

3 comments:

ajunkqueen said...

love the silver tea set just it is! Hope you are feelinf better.
Renee

ajunkqueen said...

Looks like I was drinking Cher's egg nog in my last post!

trash talk said...

I will never live down "hangdown". I may have entered a new word in the bloggers dictionary! For just a short time to get things ready,(babies always come first) it all looked pretty. I love vintage, too! Tn'T